Monday, March 9, 2015

Back to life


It was a cold evening and like many of you, I hated to step out
into a cold winter evening. But as you know, in most cases
our journeys are destined to be in unfavourable weather,
paths and along with people whom we don’t like. I was
walking as fast as I could to reach home. Each cell in my body
was yearning to be home. But then I stumbled on something
and almost fell over it. And in the dying rays of the setting sun
I found someone lying on the street next to me. Is he dead?
When I observed closely, I found some feeble signs of life in him. I thought I would give it a try to bring him back to life. I don’t know why I decided to “waste” my time for a stranger in that dirty place braving the cold wind!
I learned that he needed my help to breathe again. I covered his mouth with mine and blew hard... Lo! The darkness thickened around us as I saw some words entering his dying soul. He shivered as if he was electrocuted. He began to shower abusive words on me. I was embarrassed, but continued to breath into his soul. He spewed more abusive words at me. The process went on for a while and gradually he began to breath on his own. He started weeping and slowly he sat up. He looked deep into my eyes and cried again like a child...
When I left him that evening he was chanting some words like in fit. Though I could not understand what he uttered, those words spread fragrance around us.
****
Today I am attending a book-signing event by an author as his special guest. His books are known for its fragrance of love and kindness.

No comments: